It is summer time and it seems that we are busier than ever. Today my own gentle mother reminded me (after a lengthy venting rant about the errands, mom-taxiing, housework, etc) that these hectic times will pass all too soon and my sweet baby angel boys will be teenagers and grow up before I know it. No more needing Mommy, a sippy cup, or a clean uniform for the next baseball game.
My little boys are growing up so very fast and I am constantly reminding myself to be there with them in every moment. So today, I want to capture those things I love most about them at this very moment.
- Your crooked smirk when you are playing a funny trick on Mommy, or have a fake spider behind your back - that hilarious face when you cannot hide that you are about to burst into laughter.
- Your beautiful freckles that sprinkle across the bridge of your nose. You show Mommy every time you discover a new one, so that we can name it.
- The little explorer that you are. Interested in learning new things about nature, animals, and the unusual creature (real and imaginary) that live in the woods behind our house.
- The special language that you have with your little brother, when no one is listening. You always take the time to explain things and share with him. You never let your friends exclude him, you always let him watch his cartoons, and push him on the scooter. You are the kindest most loving big brother.
- The excited energy you have spilling out of your ears. Sometimes, so much that you literally just stand up unexpectedly and yell jumping and hopping.
- Your need to tell Mommy every single thing about your day. I love that you want to share each experience with me, because I miss you so much when I am away. You are so talkative and outgoing, like a clear spring, just spilling over (you get this from your Aunt Weeble)
- That you show me your stubby little toes everyday and say "look mom, I have athlete's foot, that means I am an athlete right"? you are an athlete. you do not have a fungus.
- Your sleepy morning face that still instinctively wraps your arms and legs around me the way you have done since you were a toddler.
- When you ask me to scratch your back at night and say "mommy lets cuddle". P.S. please let your future wife know that I will be cuddling with you in mommy's bed until you turn 36.
- Your shaggy hair in your eyes that so desperately needs a haircut. But it is so shiny and beautiful, I love how it lightens in the summer,so I refuse (regardless what dad says).
- The way you express yourself with pictures and words. The thoughtful loving notes that you write to your Justin is something that I will cherish forever son.
- The way you run everywhere you go. You wake up in the middle of the night and I can hear your little feet pitter patter quickly down the hall. Then the jarring sound of the toilet bowl slamming down and I know you just went potty. Then you scurry back to bed. (you were so easy to potty train - i love that too!)
- Your silly little phrases like "what the pickle" and "oh barnacles" - no doubt from knowing every Spongebob episode by heart. When you sing the theme song right along with each episode I just giggle.
- The way that no matter when I drop you off, or for how long, when I walk in the room you come screaming "Mommeeee" and running towards me with your arms open, leaping at into mine.
- Your sweet toothy smile. You are always smiling. Even when you are pretending to cross your arms and put on a pouty face (because Mommy will not let you have any more M&M's) I can always just smile at you for a moment, and you simply cannot hold all of that beautiful sunshine in.
- When you jam out with Mommy and Bubba in the car to the 80's station turned way up. You have the most adorable wild moves that we roll down the windows and all belt out the words to the songs in sheer bliss. You have always had a lot of rhythm - even when you were a baby you swayed perfectly to the music - I hope you will always love to dance.
- How much you love your Daddy. You are a Daddy's boy and have lately learned that I, am in fact, a girl. As pronounced "gurl-lul". Gurl-lul's apparently can't ride on the golf cart with Daddy, Bubba, and Dane sometimes. That's ok my angel, I totally get it.
- Your little blonde curls. I have always been totally obsessed with your gorgeous wavy hair. You are absolutely the cutest baby and most picture perfect toddler ever. Your big brown eyes, sweet pink lips, and messy unruly hair just melt my heart (and I can never leave you in time out as long as I should)
- Your dramatic displays (you get this from me). You are full of movement and expression, happy, sad, excited, angry, loving - you communicate your emotions so well with your whole self. Whether it is temper tantrum or sitting beside Mommy on the couch gently rubbing my back with your tiny little hand. That is a blessing my boy.
- When you say that "bubba is my best fwend". You and your big brother live in this magical little world of forts, and play houses, and secret games that you made up all by yourselves. "High-ya" is one of those said games. Daddy and I aren't really sure what it is, but you both jump around a lot and sometimes one of you gets hurt.
- That you always want to be on Mommy. You like to be close to me, or sit in my lap, or lay beside me with one leg hiked over. You are a snuggly little bear.
- Even at your tender age, your caring spirit and big heart is sad if Bubba gets in trouble (even though 3 minutes prior you eagerly told me about his bad choice). You beg Mommy to not be angry with him. You are a protector. (you get that from Daddy)