Monday, September 12

Fashion Buffet

Isn't it peculiar what can inspire your week. This week, I am totally geared up about DC Fashion Week, even though it is 2 weeks away!  


I've found the creativity and inspiration seeping into my remixing this week, and today's outfit was somewhere in between. The Chanel influence of this tweed skirt and pearl overload feels feels just right for the transition between summer and fall. I will be covering some of the DC Fashion Week  events coming up and I am looking forward to bringing my readers the hottest runway trends for Spring/Summer 2012. The creativity from these talented designers is so exciting and I can't wait to fire up the sewing machine this weekend!



The second most highly anticipated fashion event this season is none other than the District Sample Sale, just around the corner!  Shop with purpose; this fundraising event benefits Women Empowered Against  Violence (WEAVE).  So, start building your stamina now for this Monday shopping marathon.  Grab your VIP tickets for this opportunity to snag your schwag from your favorite area boutiques. Some of my favorite Maryland shops will be featured at DSS including: Urban Chic, Poppy and Stella,  Sassanova,  Ginger, Cupcake, Emily Grace, Form, Luna, and Imagine just to name a few. 


This is also a great chance to enjoy some pure unadulterated girlfriend gushing.  Fashion week with your besties is always a memorable night of fun. Pictured below is 2008 Tampa Bay Fashion Week with a few of mine!  



No comments:

Disqus for The Glam Mom